اسحب الصورة لليمين للعربي
This photo doesn't show it, but it's officially that time of the year - the weather is getting colder, the sky is getting darker. It may make you feel a little less motivated - it's Winter Blues season. Although some people have clinical seasonal affective disorder, many others experience a milder form of Winter Blues. You may feel a little lazier, less willing to be productive, not in the mood for any exercise, and often just not as happy as you normally would be.
Personally, I often don't feel like myself in the winter months and look forward to the weather getting warmer (hence uploading a perfect summery photo). But this winter I really want to make sure that I prioritize my well-being, and these are tips I have for anyone on the same boat:
1. Don't give up on exercise! Find an exercise routine that works for YOU during this season. If you can't maintain your 6am gym session 7 days a week, don't sweat it, just find a routine that works
2. Adopt a routine that works for the winter. Many people try to force their summer/fall routine during the winter months but that's usually hard to sustain so change it up if you need to and don’t feel bad!
3. Make sure you're getting enough sleep to stay energized throughout the day
4. If you're like me and find yourself less productive earlier than you normally expect to be, try to wake up a bit earlier and get some work done so that you can finish the work day earlier
5. Try to get at least 10-15 minutes of a midday stroll if possible. In Canada, it gets so cold in the winter that the idea of leaving the heated indoors is torturous, but I've found that even a few minutes outside in the sun makes a huge difference to my mood!
6. Enjoy winter activities! I was someone who saw winter as the absence of summer activities that I enjoyed, but there are many winter specific activities that should be taken advantage of during this season ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What are your winter goals Let me know in the comments 😊😊