Spring is my favorite time to refresh a home’s color scheme. You don’t need to hire a professional to get professional results. Follow my painting tips to save time and money. Your dream room is just a paint brush away!
1. Thoroughly clean walls with a damp cloth. Greasy spots may need to be cleaned with gentle soap and water.
2. Repair any chips or dings paint by sanding and/or spackling.
3. Prime the walls. Have your paint specialist mix a tiny bit of your paint color into the primer for a flawless finish.
4. Paint large swatches (two coats) on at least two opposing walls. Check the colors in the morning, afternoon, and evening to view the effects of light on the paint color.
5. Use high quality rollers on the walls. The more texture your walls have, the thicker nap you need on the roller.
6. Use high quality brushes in the corners and along trim. Invest in multiple types of brushes, such as a flat brush and an angled brush.
7. Remove outlet covers and light switch covers.
8. Tape off trim, doors, and any other edges in which you need a straight line. Use a putty knife to firmly press the tape down and prevent leaking.
9. Protect everything with drop cloths.
10. Use premium paint. I strongly prefer @benjaminmoore paint for it’s depth of color and ability to wipe clean without removing the paint.
11. Paint corners and trim with a brush first. Then paint the walls from top to bottom; this prevents drips from getting on your fresh coat.
12. Paint a minimum of two coats of paint over your primer.
13. Thoroughly wash and dry your rollers and brushes between coats.
#sanjoseinteriordesign #interiordesign #sanjose #springrefresh #benjaminmoore #interiordecorating
Calling all commercial painters!!! You're gonna love this stuff.
Regal Select Exterior High Build is a thick, high-build formula engineered for optimum hide. Id adheres powerfully to exterior substrates and provides advanced mildew and stain resistance. With easy application by brush or spray, this coating offers excellent flow and leveling and delivers an extremely durable, protective finish. It is also self-priming on most surfaces. #benjaminmoore
There’s a Paint Sale coming up! Thursday through Monday - Regal paint will be Buy 1, Get 1 50% OFF! #rddc #paintsale #benjaminmoore
КУПИТЬ БЕЛУЮ КРАСКУ⚪️ Что может быть проще
Может #farrowball или #littlegreen
⠀ ❓А может американскую #sherwinwilliams или #benjaminmoore
⠀ ❓Времени займёт не много, ведь это просто #белаякраска
Выбирайте с удовольствием😉 ⠀
▫️Не сильно белый
Вообщем, два слова ПРОСТО БЕЛЫЙ!
Тёплого вечера, друзья!😊
What historical colors will you use to dress up your home this season
@benjaminmoore Our Williamsburg® Paint Color Collection’s rich, traditional colors makes you want to channel your inner history buff. Which time period is your favorite
Color // (House): Ambler Slate CW-685, Aura® Exterior, Low Lustre (Doors): King's Red CW-335, Aura® Grand Entrance®, Satin
#White. It seems like such a simple choice for a kitchen. It's anything but simple. White is complicated! There are hundreds of "whites" to choose when selecting fixed finishes for your #remodeling project. There are warm whites, cool whites, off whites, true whites... and making the wrong choice can make the difference between an award-winning kitchen remodel like this one on #kiawahisland or one that is just not right the minute the last coat of #paint goes on the walls. Our certified #truecolorexpert can help guide you through the selection process and make sure the significant investment you're making in your remodel will pay dividends for years to come. Rather than walking into your #remodeled space and feeling something is off, you'll breathe a sigh of relief knowing all the whites are coordinated perfectly. Don't choose white #countertops, #cabinet paint, #backsplash tile, wall color or trim paint without consulting with a certified true color expert. Link in bio.
Every time we move I have a strong emotional attachment to the house we leave behind. And it’s difficult for me to readily embrace a new one.. but it usually doesn’t take too long before I start getting attached to the next one.. we start making memories and filling the space with all things ‘us’ and it just happens.
Honestly though, I’ve had a more difficult time with this house than I thought I would.
Various reasons but most of them just me being shallow and ungrateful.
So although we have been filling the house with memories of us, I’ve kind of felt detached. I was letting everything that I could think might be wrong about it keep me from embracing it and making it mine.. and, this is the worst part, keep me from seeing it as a the huge blessing that God provided to us.
Our two houses that we have bought have ‘that was a major God thing’ stories behind them. But it’s so easy for me to forget that and to focus on the negatives or ‘what if we can’t sell’ or ‘this isn’t really my preferred house’ ...rather than to step back and look at all the clear evidence that points to the fact that this is where God wanted us and this is his provision.
How often do we do that with so many things in our lives
Today, let’s step back and remind ourselves of all the ways God has moved and provided. Simply be thankful.
I snapped this photo a few mornings ago because I stopped and looked out those windows, and looked around at where we spend so much of our time, in this room, at that table, and whispered thank you for this space... I feel at home here ♥️
#thankful #tuesdaymorningthoughts #happytuesday #ourhome #homeiswheretheartis #homeiswheretheairforcesendsus #thisisus #militarylifestyle #militaryfamily #wayfair #target #farmhousetable #modernfarmhouse #fiddleleaffig #floridaliving #homeschooltable #graywalls #benjaminmoore #godsprovision #bethankful #lookforthegood
I used this pop of color going up the stairs in the Lily Lake House. Isn't it pretty Because there is a lot of white used during the renovation we needed a statement wall. I have a knock out print that I found in the basement that is getting framed that will add a "retro-nostalgic " feel. 3 weeks until completion date.
Paint: Benjamin Moore Color Stories Avalon Teal CSP-645.