Who else sets #Sunday aside for planning, prep, and self care Having this one sacred day to engage in passion projects and getting ready for a productive week is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.
Video attempt on this topic was a huge FAIL today (it’ll be up tomorrow) but nevertheless the message needs to be out there!
If you’re not protecting your energy and your time as carefully as you protect your money, you’ll find you run out if both before your goals are in reach.
How to manage both
1. Avoiding people who drain you. Negative Nellies want to drag you down.
2. Move your body to get more energy (seems opposite-makings but it’s true. Try it.)
3. Plan your week on Sunday and then your days every evening (and adjust in the morning as needed.)
4. Pay attention to your own rhythms. If you crash every afternoon, don’t schedule creative stuff for then. If you know you are at your most productive in the mornings (which 99% of people are, believe it or not) don’t schedule meetings for then, and don’t sleep in!
5. Don’t apologize for saying no. “No” is your strongest defence against both energy- and time-suckers.
The success of outdoor events depends so much on the weather, but today Jen thinks Perth did alright! #perthisok
The Empress is doing a private #BeatProcrastination mini-workshop tonight and this quote sums up one of the most insidious procrastination techniques ever: stay busy in the weeds so you can avoid the hard work of change.
Procrastination is not:
• Stupidity • Proof of failure • Unfigureoutable
Once you learn why you procrastinate, you can tackle it (and your dreams) HEAD ON!
THIS Y’ALL. ✨ At one of our recent classes, we talked all about how to make #mealplanning happen and I laid down a truth bomb 💣 about how you will NEVER “find” time for anything - you must MAKE TIME for what’s important to YOU. So, if fueling your body to feel good and be fully present in life is a priority for you, then MAKE THE TIME for meal planning this week non-negotiable. 👊🏼 So, when are you meal planning this week 📆🖊📒
Happy Monday, fellow Cat-ians! I’m starting this week off with a zinger. Please make yourself a priority this week. You deserve it. Always. 💕
10 Inspirational BossBabe FUEL Your Biz Books🔥: There are SO many amazing authors and books out there narrowing this down to 10 was extremely difficult but for the sake of fitting it into an Instagram caption I did it 😊. But whether you're just wanting to get started on your entrepreneurial journey or you've been doing it for a while, a good book can SERIOUSLY help you create MASSIVE shifts in your life and your biz.
1. Leave Your Mark - Aliza Light:
This was actually 🎉THE FIRST 🎉 #bossbabe book I read when I was still working at my 9-5 and starting my business on the side!
She delivers personal and professional guidance for people just starting their careers and for people who are well on their way. With a particular emphasis on communicating and building your personal brand!
2. Lean In - Sheryl Sandberg:
Encouraging women to “sit at the table,” seek challenges, take risks, and pursue their goals with gusto rather than holding themselves back (even unintentionally) in their careers.
3. Blue Ocean Strategy:
How to create uncontested market space and make the competition irrelevant.
4. Thrive - Ariana Huffington:
As more and more people are coming to realize, there is far more to living a truly successful life than just earning a bigger salary and capturing a corner office. This book is Arianna Huffington's personal wake-up call came in the form of a broken cheekbone and a nasty gash over her eye--the result of a fall brought on by exhaustion and lack of sleep. All about defining success YOUR way in a way that feels good.
5. In My Shoes - Tamara Mellon (co-founder of Jimmy Choo!! Real look at her journey, struggles with an obstinate business partner, a conniving first CEO, a turbulent marriage, and a mother who tried to steal her hard-earned wealth.). 6. The Psychology of Selling - Brian Tracey:
The more you can learn about sales and put it into practice, the better.
7. Sell or Be Sold - Grant Cardone
8. Be Obsessed or Be Average- Grant Cardone
9. Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki (The book that forever changed how I saw money!) 10. The Business of the 21st Century - Robert Kiyosaki
What book are you reading right now
Who else has a blank slate in front of them this #Monday Forget last week, forget last month, it’s the FIRST Monday of November and it’s time to GET AFTER IT! .
What huge goals are you tackling this week How are you kicking ass FULL BRAG ZONE, we wanna know your success stories! (Or your struggles, we can help with those too!)
I L O V E November!! This month holds a special place in my heart and it is one heck of a busy month for the Truluck’s!!! This month we celebrate;
3 wonderful years of Marriage!!!! ♥️
The day after is Thanksgiving, which we will be hosting for the first time! 🦃🍴
B L A C K F R I D AY! 🛍
Florida vs. FL state 🐊
Then the 25th is my birthday!!! 🥂
So much love and excitement bundled up into 30 days!!! I love this month and I’m so excited to see what adventures come our way.
Over 4 years ago this book by @roberttisserand and rodneyyoung got me digging deeper into the world of essential oils. The more I learned the more I wanted to create something with essential oils and I got alot of respect for how powerful they are.
Then @lorrainedallmeier at @formulabotanica caught my attention with her honest, enthusiastic, open and fact based approach to natural skincare. I decided to start studying and become a natural and organic skincare formulator.
And the team at Formulabotanica that always supports, encourages and challenges their students and graduates to be great formulators of natural and organic skin and hair care 😍 thank you 🙏
Can't wait to meet you all at the #formulabotanica conference tomorrow ❤
Today Ellie & Carl Skin Botanicals is a reality with a full product range for different skintypes and with new exciting products and techniques coming your way 😍
Happy weekend 😘