Looking for a new twist for your kale salads 🥬 Add maple! 🍁
Check out the recipe below: • 1/2 teaspoon salt
• A few cracks of pepper
• 4-6 tablespoons of our Smoked Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Uncle Richards Pure Maple Syrup
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1/2 cup of our roasted garlic extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl or jar, whisk everything together. The mustard should help it emulsify, coming together as a thick dressing that’s no longer separated. (If you use a jar, you can put the lid on and just shake it.)
Using a large salad bowl, add the kale and about 1/4 cup of this dressing. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat (about 10 minutes or several hours both work great).
Serve with the remaining dressing. Add shredded carrots, cucumbers, celery, tomatoes, or any other toppings your family enjoys.
Store any remaining dressing in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
#localgoods #handmade #labellefromage #belleriver #shoplocal #essexcounty #morethanjustcheese #delicious #follow #windsor #essex #foodie #yqgfoodie #county #localbusiness #charcuterie #vegan #plantbased #pairing #crackers #wineo
January is usually dedicated to NEW beginnings with Health & Wellness a key focus:
So we want to tell you the enormous health benefits of Mozzarella & Bocconcini Cheese: ---------------------------
Great source of:
1. Biotin: Or B7 --which is super important for pregnant women. This vitamin also stops nails from turning brittle. Studies have shown biotin can also lower blood glucose levels in diabetic people
2. Riboflavin: or Vitamin B2. It's all part of the vitamin B complex family, which should be taken daily to help the body fight various ailments and conditions like migraine attacks, & anemia...
3. Niacin: or Vitamin B3 plays a pivotal role in turning fat into suitable energy in the human body. Niacin helps control cholesterol, prevents the onset of ailments like diabetes and arthritis.
4. Contains important fat-soluble vitamins like D, E and A. These vitamins are required for calcium absorption, bone health and cell membrane protection.
5. Well--we already know this one: Mozzarella / Bocconcini Helps Make Bones Stronger .
6. Source of Phosphorus, which helps the human body absorb calcium from foods. It's also required for optimum digestion and proper functioning of the kidneys. The mineral helps fight muscle fatigue and facilitates brain functioning.
7. Zinc is a vital mineral present in Mozzarella cheese which helps battle skin problems and increases white blood cell count. It also helps prostate gland function well and aids in shedding excess weight ( yippeeeeeee) .
8. Source Of Protein:
One of the best benefits of mozzarella cheese is that it is a powerhouse of protein, which keeps you energetic and boosts muscle strength.
9. Source Of Potassium:
Potassium is another key mineral that is found in our delicious mozzarella & bocconicini which aids in lowering blood pressure and rectifying abysmal heart rhythms
10. OUR PERSONAL FAVOURITE:
Its smooth, and melt in your mouth soft texture is utterly DELICIOUS!
So there you go..Make sure you include CHEESE in your health and wellness journey this year .
#grandecheese #morethanjustcheese #cheese #cheeselovers #foodie #insta #instafood #mozzarella #bocconcini
Beans and Rice:
Believe it or not, a single cup of beans contains at least 15 grams of protein. That’s on par with a one-ounce broiled steak! Plus, the high fiber content will keep you fuller for longer. Borrow a tip from vegans and pair beans with brown rice for a complete protein. This means that the two foods together contain roughly equal amounts of the nine essential amino acids that our bodies can’t produce on their own. Rice and beans are one of the quickest (and cheapest) bases for a meal out there — and they’re great for you! Make them a staple in your kitchen.... We also carry the super food Quinoa.. so eat healthy and visit any one of our locations across the GTA .
#grandecheese #morethanjustcheese #cheese #cheeselovers #foodie #insta #instafood #richmondhill #woodbridge #northyork #gta #toronto #maple #artisanal #healthyfood #beans #beansandrice #rice #quinoa