Here is a delicious sweet potato gnocchi recipe for you to enjoy some Fukui deliciousness at home!
(4 servings; takes around 45 minutes)
The ingredients you will need are as follow:
(For the gnocchi)
1 sweet potato (of around 300 g)
80 g of wheat flour
1/4 tsp of salt
(For the cheese sauce)
1 sweet potato
10 g of butter
40 g of bacon
200 cc of fresh cream
50 g of parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to your liking
Now let’s cook!
1. Steam the potato that will be used to make the gnocchi and then make it into a puree.
2. Cut the potato that will be used to make the sauce in cubes of 1 cm and steam the cubes.
3. In a bowl, put the sweet potato puree, the flour and the salt and mix until there is no longer a powder-like texture to it. You can also add a little bit of water if the mixture is too solid. Mix until you get a softness similar to that of an earlobe. Then, make a ball with it and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Put some flour on a chopping board to prevent sticking and separate the ball you prepared in 3 portions of equal size. Roll each ball on the board into a string of a thickness of around 2 cm. Then, cut those strings at intervals of 2 cm.
5. Use the back of a fork on each 2 cm portion and press firmly to give it the shape of a gnocchi.
6. In a pan, heat the butter and fry the bacon, cut into cubes of 1 cm. When the meat is thoroughly cooked, add the fresh cream and the parmesan cheese and let simmer. When the cheese has melted, add the steamed cubes of sweet potato you prepared for the sauce.
7. Boil a large quantity of water in a pot and add the gnocchi. When they begin to float on the water, take them out of the pot and add them to the frying pan where they will mix together with the sauce.
8. Serve on a plate and add salt and pepper to your liking!
There are many steps to the recipe, but it is in fact so simple, even a not-so-great cook like myself could make it!
#fukui #fukuijapan #fukuigram #fukuiprefecture #fukuitrip #fukuitravel #hokuriku #japan #japantrip #japantravel #japan_vacations #japanculture #japaneseculture #japanphoto #japanlover #japanlife #tourism #sightseeing #trav
🚨 Purchase ANY full priced top and these bottoms are ON US! 🚨 Simply pop by the store today and purchase your Top & the White Cut off Denim Shorts are on us! Hurry, this offer is only valid while stocks last!